I am forming a business on my own, do I need an EIN ?

Most businesses need EIN’s - all corporations (C-Corps), the standard vehicle for Tech Startups, and all LLC’s with more than one member (i.e. anything classified as a “partnership). However, if you have a single member LLC, the IRS advises that you do not need one. Just use your own tax-payer identification number. If you do not have one, when you incorporate your company with Stellar Formation, we will take care of this for you!