What does a registered agent do?

In order to create a company in Delaware, and if you are based outside of the State of Delaware (which is the case for most people), then you will need something called a Registered Agent. We provide this as part of the Stellar Formation package so you don’t have to worry about it.

The role of the registered agent is to receive and scan court filings in the unlikely event that someone ever sues your business.

The registered agent will also send out reminders to pay your Delaware Franchise Tax and make your annual Delaware filing. They will offer to do this for you as a service, but to be honest, so long as your finances are not very complicated you can handle this yourself on the Delaware website.